5 best reasons to ditch logo generator apps
The availability of a vast array of websites and apps has automated a great number of tasks we use to have to delegate to others. Need to dictate a letter, there are programs for that. Want to design a flier to announce a new program, just download a word template. But is that dictated letter or template flier producing the best quality results that you and your company deserve? How much work do you have to put into editing the letter for mistakes? How many people overlooked your flier because it wasn’t expertly crafted to catch their attention? If you try to design your own logo using an app without any background in design or branding you are rolling the dice on quality and potentially risking your image. Let me tell you some more reasons why you should reconsider quick fix branding solutions:
1. Your logo is your first impression. In most cases the first time someone is introduced to your brand is online or print format often via costly marketing efforts. If your logo and brand imagery are not carefully designed to convey your message, your target audience may not bother looking further into what you have to offer.
2. Your logo represents you. The simplistic way to put your best foot forward is to insure your branding imagery represents who you are and why you do what you do. Apps restrict the full potential to develop a brand image that tells your story.
3. Your logo is on all your product. Whether it is on a page, letterhead, or the side of a bluprint, your logo is seen on everything produced by your brand. You want to ensure it is reproducible in many formats and sizes.
4. You are unique. At least until AI takes over the world, any app that is designed to generate image has a limited number of options before it repeats similar designs. It also cannot think about how the elements composing the logo capture what makes your brand special.
5. You are worth the investment. A good logo can be affordable, even for budget startups, you have a mood board prepared and are willing to give your designer freedom to work without multiple revisions. Quality logo design reflects back positively on your brand and pays for itself in the long run.
Would you like an honest review of your app generated logo? Or just your logo in general? Please comment below with a link to the logo and include information about your brand and what you do.